Sunday, February 5, 2012

My first Ratatouille

Hello~ I am back :D Too much stuffs to do so i don't have any time to write in here. Well I actually got a lots of stories to share but lemme share you the newest one!

Last week I went to @America in Pacific Place, Jakarta to celebrated its first anniversary. I got an invitation that Chef Tatang would share some of his American Recipes so me and Amanda (my 'masterchef' parner in crime) went there together :D 

The menu of the day was Ratatouille (its remind me about Ratatouille movie from Disney, i bet you guys do the same :P) . I read on wikipedia, ratatouille mean toss food. Well i never eat it and make it before, so I felt so exited! But I was a bit confused because all i knew, this food is come from France not America. But thats okay, there's no wrong to learn about a new thing right? 

Chef Tatang is a celebrity chef that popular in some of culinary shows on television and it was a great chance to met him personally. His body is so big and tall so that i couldn't balance my body height with his kitchen table (I did join to the stage to helped him to chopped some stuffs). I found my pics from @america Flickr and Video also. Please kindly watch it when u have the time :P hehe.



He started the first recipe called "U.S Lattice Cuts with Red Tuna and Micro Ratatouille" (as i mentioned above). Here i gave you the recipe!

Ingredients:

- 12 pieces of lattice cuts potatoes (or just a flat potato is fine i guess)
- 6 Tuna fillets
- 1 red beet root
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 100gr zucchini, dice in small pieces (brunoise)
- 100gr onion, brunoise
- 100gr eggplant, brunoise
- 100gr olives, brunoise
- 100gr tomatoes, deseeded, brunoise
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon for lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi (i asked to changed wasabi with chilli powder, and he said its fine, but wasabi is good to strengthen the color and make it look better)
- 1 teaspoon of tabasco
- 200ml olive oil

HOW TO MAKE IT?
- slice each tuna into 6 pieces (so it will be 36 pieces).
- mixed the red beet juice with red wine vinegar, marinate the tuna for 40 minutes.
- heat the pan and add 50ml olive oil. Quickly saute the zucchini. (do the same for onion, eggplant, and tomatoes)
- mixed all the sauted veggies (zucchini, onion, eggplant, and tomatoes) with the pieces of black olives, set aside.
- grill the lattice cuts potatoes for 10 minutes in 225 degrees celcius.
- blend the avocado, lemon juice, tabasco, and wasabi till become the puree.
- lift the tuna from the marinated juice, drain it.
- to serve it: stack two teaspoon of avocado puree on the grilled potato, then put 2 pieces of tuna and the vegies (ratatouille)



Yoom meeh? Yeah it look soo yoo meeh right? But honestly, i didn't realy like this food, maybe because its a new one for me, and maybe the second trial will make my tongue familiar with this kind of taste :D
Right? But its a good food though, veggies, tuna, puree are a good stuffs. Actually there is another recipe from Chef Tatang, but maybe later i will post it in here :D Keep on cooking :D chops chops :D

No comments:

Post a Comment