Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another Abstract Food : Orange Pulpy Duck!

Have you ever feel like wanna be a great chef after watch some cooking program in TLC or Star World? I ever feel it, even i always wanna be one of my favorite celebrity chef like Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver :D Well, my limitation in cooking skill sometimes makes me want to make a spectacular meal. As usual, with the ingredients that i can only find in my fridge or pantry, i make something. Realy something! haha.

For example, last Eid Mubaraq or last September, i created a new dish. I mean a new dish for me. Coz i never eat it before but i ever saw some recipes or watched some tv programs that use similar ingridients with me. yea! This food is contain with orange pulpy and duck meat! I got the duck meat from my mom's opor ayam or Coconut Chicken Curry in english :D  (Traditional dish that commonly eaten during the Big day like Eid Mubaraq).

Its like a recycle food because i use the material from the food that already cooked and my 'creative' brain wanted me to create a new dish with it :D Well, i washed two pieces of meat with a boiling water to take out the taste of opor (but still the taste of the opor still exist). Then i chopped chopped the other ingredients such as:

- 2 garlics
- Half of onions.
- Some chillies.
- Orange Juice 
- Orange pulpy (i got the oranges from my fridge, i donno whats the type)
- salt, peppers, sugar and OREGANO (yeah! i love oregano for the rest of my life)

How to make?

- Heat the pan and add 2 spoons of cooking oil or margarine. Saute the garlics, onion, and chillies.
- Add the pulpy into the pan, saute briefly. Then add the duck!
- Add some salt, sugar, pappers, and oregano according to your taste.
- Then add the orange juice! ( maybe 3 spoon or more ) Wait until the juice seep into the meat.
- DONE!



Okay, I am so sorry for this abstract techniques or somethin, you know its no-rules-cooking so i just do whatever i want ( Maybe i should take a culinary school to improve my skill later :P)

I eat this dish with rice, scramble egg, fresh apple slices and fried onions. i also add mayonaise, chilli sauce and ketchup. Hahaha i laughed so hard when i saw my new creation! Coz its look so weird and I am sure noone in my house who will taste it but me :P But for me, this Orange pulpy duck taste awesome! At least i didn't burn anythin here! Well just sharing! I dont recommend you to  cook it but if u wanna make sumthin abstrack, tis one is a good one to be try :D chopped chopped! 

2 comments:

  1. Could you make a clear explanation in term of how to make it?? Its too brief. And excuse me this blog is hurting my eyes too colorful.... Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, sorry~ it called no rules cooking so just do whatever i want, and whatever u wanna do~ i wrote it above that im not suggest u to cook it! haha its like a joke food dude! but thx for visit! i appreciate ur time asep zain!

    ReplyDelete