Monday, December 12, 2011

English High Tea Reception




December is the last month of the year and I always love it because december is identical with winter :) Yes! Winter is a pretty cute season. I wish i could touch the snow and feel the winter breeze someday in London. Coz London is a beautiful place for me :) Well talking about London, Last weekend i got an invitation from British Council to attend some events. One of them is English High Tea Reception. 

Long ago, in 1700's, Lady Bedford was bored waiting for dinner time that very late. That's why, amid the emptiness awaiting the dinner hour, Lady Bedford held afternoon tea to cope with boredom. Afternoon tea is usually held at 5 pm in the presence of friends or colleagues. Some foods such as sandwiches, pies and toast and jam is served. The difference with the high tea is the food. Such as eggs, meat, cheese, bread and butter, cake and of course tea. Usually high tea served by working-class family as the dinner.

In this event, they present a nice tea with some sort of British dessert. Those are Oatmeal Raisin Scone (Served with jam & cream), Traditional English Fruit Cake, Shortbread Cookies, and Onion & Leeks Quiche.

For tea, they serve from Twinings Lady Grey Tea. This tea is a blend of black tea with bergamot oil and orange peel. I do not add sugar because I feel this good tea requires no additional sugar or milk in order to feel the pleasure.


Tea sets th used is also not an ordinary tea set. They wear Royal Doulton tea ware, which is also used by the royal family. Made from a mixture of materials such as porcelain, animal bone, and also 22 carat gold. The material is made ​​all the beautiful tea ware. Motifs used are Royal Albert Old Country Roses which is the world's best selling pattern.



A very pleasant experience for me to attend this event. Considering I've never been to England and did not know much of their unique traditions. An honor for me to be invited to the event is very beautiful, with a very elegant tea set. By the way, the price of Royal Doulton Tea set can reach 250 pounds per set. So it's very fun to wear expensive cup for ordinary people like me.





I got a plate from Royal Doulton and I can paint anything I want. Well, I'm not a reliable painter, so I just painted flowers like a child. haha:) Besides, I also got a small box of Twinnings tea as souvenirs. Aww I am very happy! I hope I can follow other events on the British. Thank you very much for the British Council, Royal Doulton, and Twinings: D








No comments:

Post a Comment